Happy Pancake Day Everyone!
It’s almost as exciting as Christmas – the opportunity to indulge in eating yummy pancakes for the day, and not feeling bad about it! But are you stuck for idea’s as to what to put in your pancake today?Will it be savoury? Or will it be sweet? Refresh your memories as to what our top 5 savoury recipes were, and our top 5 sweet recipes - and hopefully this will help you!
Flippin’ Mad Pancake Facts:
- It is customary in France to touch the handle of the frying pan and make a wish while the pancake is turned, holding a coin in one hand…
- The largest number of pancakes tossed in the shortest amount of time is 349 tosses in two minutes. We dare you to try and beat that!
- Brits will eat a staggering 52 million eggs on Pancake Day – that’s 22 million more than on a normal day…
- The largest pancake ever made and flipped measured 15.01m wide, 2.5cm deep and weighed 3 tonnes!
- Maple Syrup was originally a sweet drink (makes us feel yucky just thinking about it!)
- Pancake Tuesday is known as Carnivale in Italy which comes from the Latin for ‘goodbye to the flesh’.
Do you have any interesting Pancake facts to share? Or fancy sending in the pancakes you make tomorrow? Then go ahead, we’d love to see them! Either post them on our Facebook wall or drop us an email: email@example.com
Happy pancake flipping!
The Findababysitter.com team